Our Advanced Animal Behaviour Courses were written by the world-renowned ethologist, Professor Richard Estes. These are the most comprehensive courses of their kind. Featuring line drawings, photographs, tables, graphs, references and assessment questions.
There is everything you ever wanted to know about the behaviour, biology and ecology of African carnivores, herbivores and primates.
Should you wish to study the Animal Behaviour Series (Primates, Carnivores and Herbivores) together, you’ll be entitled to a further 25 % discount, please enquire before you purchase.
Module # 1 – Introduction to Carnivores
- Component # 1 – Introduction to Carnivores
Module # 2 – Genets, Civets, Mongooses
- Component # 1 – Family Viverridae
- Component # 2 – Genets
- Component # 3 – African Civet
- Component # 4 – Palm Civet
- Component # 5 – Slender Mongoose
- Component # 6 – Ichneumon, Grey Mongoose
- Component # 7 – White-Tailed Mongoose
- Component # 8 – Marsh Mongoose
- Component # 9 – Yellow Mongoose
- Component # 10 – Dwarf Mongoose
- Component # 11 – Banded Mongoose
- Component # 12 – Suricate Or Meerkat
Module # 3 – Hyaenas and Aardwolf
- Component # 1 – Family Hyaenidae
- Component # 2 – Striped Hyaena
- Component # 3 – Brown Hyaena
- Component # 4 – Spotted Hyaena
- Component # 5 – Aardwolf
Module # 4 – Cats
- Component # 1 – Family Felidae
- Component # 2 – African Wildcat
- Component # 3 – Blackfooted / Small Spotted Cat
- Component # 4 – Serval
- Component # 5 – Caracal
- Component # 6 – Leopard
- Component # 7 – Lion
- Component # 8 – Cheetah
Module # 5 – Foxes, Jackals and Dogs
- Component # 1 – Family Canidae
- Component # 2 – Bat-Eared Fox
- Component # 3 – Golden Jackals
- Component # 4 – Black-Backed Jackal
- Component # 5 – Side-Striped Jackal
- Component # 6 – Wild Dog or Cape Hunting Dog
Module # 6 – Weasels, Otters, Zorilla and Ratel
- Component # 1 – Family Mustelidae
- Component # 2– Striped or White-Naped Weasel
- Component # 3 – Zorilla Or Striped Polecat
- Component # 4 – Ratel Or Honey Badger
- Component # 5 – Spotted-Necked Otter
- Component # 6 – Clawless Otter
Course Cost: ZAR 1,550 or 75*
*Cost based on current exchange rates to the South African Rand (ZAR)
How to Register and Sign Up
- To register click on the ‘Book Course’ button at the top of this page. Registration is FREE and you then have access to your ‘Wildlife Campus Courses Dashboard’
- After registration you can then decide on and purchase a course.
- Once registered you also gain access to FREE COURSES, including The Big 5, Elephants Facts and Fables, Birding by Habitat, Astronomy and more.
CONTACT US for more information on the Carnivore Behaviour course. We frequently run special offers on combination certificate packed. Please ask about our current specials.
All Course content is available online but may also be downloaded in PDF format (and easily printed) so you don’t have to be online to study. No physical product except certificates earned, are posted to students.
All assessment is delivered entirely online and is automated. The assessment which we’ve called “take the test” (top right in each component) consists of between 10 and 30 true/false and multiple-choice questions. There is one test for each of the components of a course. Students may attempt these tests as many times as required until they have achieved the passing mark. Once a test is passed, it cannot be taken again.
Take our courses worldwide! Study online & get trained to work with animals in the UK, Canada, United States, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Europe & more!