Our Snakes & Reptiles of the Lowveld Course was written by renowned expert and snake handler in this field, Ian Dewsbury, this Course covers the identification, classification, characterisation, reproduction, description and distribution of the 89 species of larger reptiles and snake’s endemic to the Highveld and Lowveld regions of South Africa.
It has been designed for both those wishing to obtain a good overview of the subject as well as the serious student whose objective is a more in-depth knowledge.
Module # 1 – Reptilia (The Reptiles)
- Component # 1 – Introduction Reptiles
Module # 2 – Chelonia (Shield reptiles)
- Component # 1 – Introduction to Chelonia
- Component # 2 – Tortoise Species
- Component # 3 – Terrapin Species
Module # 3 – Crocodiles, Monitor Lizards & Chameleons
- Component # 1 – Crocodiles, Monitors & Chameleons
Module # 4 – Serpentes (The Snakes)
- Component # 1 – Introduction to Snakes
- Component # 2 – Blind and Thread snakes
- Component # 3 – Pythons
- Component # 4 – Burrowing snakes
- Component # 5 – Typical Snakes Part # 1
- Component # 6 – Typical Snakes Part # 2
- Component # 7 – Typical Snakes Part # 3
- Component # 8 – Cobras and Mambas
- Component # 9 – Vipers and Adders
- Component # 10 – Un-resolved species
Module # 5 – First Aid for Snake Bite
- Component # 1 – First Aid for Snake bite
Course Cost: ZAR 700 or £35*
*Cost based on current exchange rates to the South African Rand (ZAR)
How to Register and Sign Up
- To register click on the ‘Book Course’ button at the top of this page. Registration is FREE and you then have access to your ‘Wildlife Campus Courses Dashboard’
- After registration you can then decide on and purchase a course.
- Once registered you also gain access to FREE COURSES, including The Big 5, Elephants Facts and Fables, Birding by Habitat, Astronomy and more.
CONTACT US for more information on the Snakes and Reptiles course. We frequently run special offers on combination certificate packed. Please ask about our current specials.
All Course content is available online but may also be downloaded in PDF format (and easily printed) so you don’t have to be online to study. No physical product except certificates earned, are posted to students.
All assessment is delivered entirely online and is automated. The assessment which we’ve called “take the test” (top right in each component) consists of between 10 and 30 true/false and multiple-choice questions. There is one test for each of the components of a course. Students may attempt these tests as many times as required until they have achieved the passing mark. Once a test is passed, it cannot be taken again.
Take our courses worldwide! Study online & get trained to work with animals in the UK, Canada, United States, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Europe & more!