Our Marine Biology Course for Guides, Divers & Enthusiasts course, also known as Marine Field Guiding, is the benchmark course for those who wish to greatly enhance their marine-related activities for their clients as well as themselves.
Whether you’re active along the coast, inter-tidal zone or submerged on a coral reef, this course provides you with an in-depth knowledge of the habitat, ecology and organisms you’re encountering. Irrespective of whether you’re a professional marine guide, recreational diver or ocean enthusiast – this course is for you. Endorsed by The Field Guides Association of Southern Africa (FGASA); It consists of 39 comprehensive components.
Module # 1 – The Blue Planet
- Component # 1 – Introduction to Life on Earth and The Ocean.
Module # 2 – The Habitats
- Component # 1 – Coral Reefs
- Component # 2 – Rocky Shores
- Component # 3 – Sandy Beaches
- Component # 4 – Pelagic Zone (Open Sea)
- Component # 5 – Lagoons, Estuaries and Mangroves
- Component # 6 – Dunes and Dune Forests
Module # 3 – Marine Wildlife: Part # 1
- Component # 1 – Porifera
- Component # 2 – Cnidaria
- Component # 3 – Unsegmented Worms
- Component # 4 – Polychaeta
- Component # 5 – Arthropoda and Crustacea
- Component # 6 – Mollusca and Brachiapoda
Module # 4 – Marine Wildlife: Part # 2
- Component # 1 – Echinodermata
- Component # 2 – Bryozoa
- Component # 3 – Tunicata
Module # 5 – Marine Wildlife: Part # 3
- Component # 1 – Sharks & Rays
- Component # 2 – Pisces (1) – Rocky Shore & Coral Reef
- Component # 3 – Pisces (2) – Pelagics
Module # 6 – Marine Wildlife: Part # 4
- Component # 1 – Reptilia and Aves Component # 2 – Mammalia
Module # 7 – Marine Plants
- Component # 1 – Plantae
Module # 8 – Surviving the Marine wilderness
- Component # 1 – Introduction to Survival and The Tides
- Component # 2 – Waves and Surf
- Component # 3 – Rocky Coast and Estuaries
- Component # 4 – Currents
- Component # 5 – Dangerous Sea-Life
- Component # 6 – Water and Clouds
- Component # 7 – Food from The Sea and Coast
- Component # 8 – Medical Aspects of Sea and Coastal Survival
Module # 9 – Marine Ecology
- Component # 1 – Food Chains and Food Webs
- Component # 2 – Marine Biodiversity
- Component # 3 – Community Ecology
Course Cost: ZAR 1,850 or £90*
*Cost based on current exchange rates to the South African Rand (ZAR)
How to Register and Sign Up
- To register click on the ‘Book Course’ button at the top of this page. Registration is FREE and you then have access to your ‘Wildlife Campus Courses Dashboard’
- After registration you can then decide on and purchase a course.
- Once registered you also gain access to FREE COURSES, including The Big 5, Elephants Facts and Fables, Birding by Habitat, Astronomy and more.
CONTACT US for more information on the Marine Biology course. We frequently run special offers on combination certificate packed. Please ask about our current specials.
Course Cost: ZAR 1,850 or £100*
All assessment is delivered entirely online and is automated. The assessment which we’ve called “take the test” (top right in each component) consists of between 10 and 30 true/false and multiple-choice questions. There is one test for each of the components of a course. Students may attempt these tests as many times as required until they have achieved the passing mark. Once a test is passed, it cannot be taken again.
Take our courses worldwide! Study online & get trained to work with animals in the UK, Canada, United States, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Europe & more!