The growing need for more detailed knowledge on Intensive Production of Wildlife on small and large reserves, provided the stimulus for producing this course.
It is based upon extensive practical experience and provides a detailed, theoretical insight into the requirements of setting up and running a successful intensive wildlife production facility on game reserves and conservancies. Covering: Elephant, Black and White Rhino, Buffalo, Eland, Roan, Sable, Kudu, Nyala, Impala, Bushbuck, Springbok, Duikers, Steenbok, Wild Dog, Crocodile and Ostrich.
Each species is examined from their ecology, habitat and activity, behaviour, facilities, hand-rearing calves, feeding in captivity, diseases and disease conditions, capture, transportation, domestication, economics, legislation and management.
If you are a reserve owner, conservancy, wildlife or game farm manager; game ranger, game guide, game guard, trails guide or field guide or merely have an interest in this field; this course is a logical and practical guide for you. The course was written in conjunction with the renowned conservationists and environment scientists, Professors J. du P. Bothma and N. van Rooyan.
Module # 1 – Large Herbivores
- Component # 1 – Elephant
- Component # 2 – White Rhinoceros
- Component # 3 – Black Rhinoceros
- Component # 4 – African Savanna Buffalo
Module # 2 – Large Antelope
- Component # 1 – Eland
- Component # 2 – Roan Antelope
- Component # 3 – Sable Antelope
- Component # 4 – Greater Kudu
- Component # 5 – Nyala
- Component # 6 – Impala
- Component # 7 – Bushbuck
- Component # 8 – Springbok
Module # 3 – Small Antelope
- Component # 1 – Duikers
- Component # 2 – Steenbok
Module # 4 – Carnivores
- Component # 1 – African Wild Dog
- Component # 2 – Nile Crocodile
Module # 5 – Birds
- Component # 1 – Ostrich
Module # 6 – Veterinary
- Component # 1 – Hints for Wildlife Producers
Course Cost: ZAR 1,950 or £94*
*Cost based on current exchange rates to the South African Rand (ZAR)
How to Register and Sign Up
- To register click on the ‘Book Course’ button at the top of this page. Registration is FREE and you then have access to your ‘Wildlife Campus Courses Dashboard’
- After registration you can then decide on and purchase a course.
- Once registered you also gain access to FREE COURSES, including The Big 5, Elephants Facts and Fables, Birding by Habitat, Astronomy and more.
CONTACT US for more information on the Wildlife Productioncourse. We frequently run special offers on combination certificate packed. Please ask about our current specials.
All Course content is available online but may also be downloaded in PDF format (and easily printed) so you don’t have to be online to study. No physical product except certificates earned, are posted to students.
All assessment is delivered entirely online and is automated. The assessment which we’ve called “take the test” (top right in each component) consists of between 10 and 30 true/false and multiple-choice questions. There is one test for each of the components of a course. Students may attempt these tests as many times as required until they have achieved the passing mark. Once a test is passed, it cannot be taken again.
Take our courses worldwide! Study online & get trained to work with animals in the UK, Canada, United States, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Europe & more!