This course examines the trends toward game ranching, the upfront costs, ongoing revenue & expenditure, infrastructural expenses, profitability trends and profit drivers of game ranching. Its concluding module investigates conservancies, game management and the ethics of running a successful, profitable and sustainable game ranch.
Applicable to the dedicated wildlife enthusiast, prospective game farm investor and current game ranch owner, this course is a must for those seeking the realities of starting and running a game farm, game ranch or conservancy.
Module # 1 – Introduction to Game Ranching
- Component # 1 – The Trend Towards Game Ranching in Southern Africa
Module # 2 – Game Ranch Economics
- Component # 1 – Upfront Cost of Game Ranches
- Component # 2 – Current Income and Expenditure of Game Ranches
- Component # 3 – Specific Infrastructure Expenses for Ecotourism
- Component # 4 – Profitability Trends in Game Ranching
- Component # 5 – Profit Drivers of Game Ranching
Module # 3 – Game Ranch Profitability and Management
- Component # 1 – Conservancies
- Component # 2 – Game Farm Profitability
- Component # 3 – Game Management and Business Ethics
Course Cost: ZAR 700 or £35*
*Cost based on current exchange rates to the South African Rand (ZAR)
How to Register and Sign Up
- To register click on the ‘Book Course’ button at the top of this page. Registration is FREE and you then have access to your ‘Wildlife Campus Courses Dashboard’
- After registration you can then decide on and purchase a course.
- Once registered you also gain access to FREE COURSES, including The Big 5, Elephants Facts and Fables, Birding by Habitat, Astronomy and more.
CONTACT US for more information on the Game Ranch Economics course. We frequently run special offers on combination certificate packed. Please ask about our current specials.
All Course content is available online but may also be downloaded in PDF format (and easily printed) so you don’t have to be online to study. No physical product except certificates earned, are posted to students.
All assessment is delivered entirely online and is automated. The assessment which we’ve called “take the test” (top right in each component) consists of between 10 and 30 true/false and multiple-choice questions. There is one test for each of the components of a course. Students may attempt these tests as many times as required until they have achieved the passing mark. Once a test is passed, it cannot be taken again.
Take our courses worldwide! Study online & get trained to work with animals in the UK, Canada, United States, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Europe & more!