The Game Lodge Management course has been written in collaboration with Wilderness Safaris and is the first true Game Lodge Management course to have been released to the public.
Drawing on over 30 years of experience in the creation and running of lodges, this offering is suitable for those seeking to enter this rewarding industry, or for safari companies that strive to emulate the accomplishments of one of the World’s most successful lodge groups.
The Certificate in Game Lodge Management is widely recognised as the best and accepted throughout the industry. In terms of applications and permits, it also provides a lot of credibility that allows for motivation with local African governments.
Module # 1 – Introduction to Game Lodge Management
- Component # 1 – Introduction/Philosophy of Game Lodge Management
Module # 2 – Guests
- Component # 1 – Guest Care and Relations
Module # 3 – Human Resources
- Component # 1 – Staff
- Component # 2 – Leadership
- Component # 3 – Disciplinary Procedures
- Component # 4 – Staff Duties
- Component # 5 – Staff Leave
Module # 4 – Administration
- Component # 1 – Daily Duties & Procedures
- Component # 2 – Administrative Duties
- Component # 3 – Financial Procedures
Module # 5 – Equipment, Infrastructure & Maintenance
- Component # 1 – Radios & Vehicles
- Component # 2 – Minimum Standards
- Component # 3 – Lodge Maintenance
Module # 6 – Safety and Emergency Procedures
- Component # 1 – Rifle Care & Safety
- Component # 2 – Emergency Procedures
Module # 7 – Policies and Procedures
- Component # 1 – Front of House
- Component # 2 – Administration and Finance
- Component # 3 – IT
- Component # 4 – Management
- Component # 5 – Food & Beverage
- Component # 6 – Back of House
- Component # 7 – Housekeeping
- Component # 8 – Reservations
Course Cost: ZAR 2,200 or £106*
*Cost based on current exchange rates to the South African Rand (ZAR)
How to Register and Sign Up
- To register click on the ‘Book Course’ button at the top of this page. Registration is FREE and you then have access to your ‘Wildlife Campus Courses Dashboard’
- After registration you can then decide on and purchase a course.
- Once registered you also gain access to FREE COURSES, including The Big 5, Elephants Facts and Fables, Birding by Habitat, Astronomy and more.
CONTACT US for more information on the Lodge Management course. We frequently run special offers on combination certificate packed. Please ask about our current specials.
All Course content is available online but may also be downloaded in PDF format (and easily printed) so you don’t have to be online to study. No physical product except certificates earned, are posted to students.
All assessment is delivered entirely online and is automated. The assessment which we’ve called “take the test” (top right in each component) consists of between 10 and 30 true/false and multiple-choice questions. There is one test for each of the components of a course. Students may attempt these tests as many times as required until they have achieved the passing mark. Once a test is passed, it cannot be taken again.
Take our courses worldwide! Study online & get trained to work with animals in the UK, Canada, United States, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Europe & more!