Our Digital Wildlife Photography Course concentrates primarily on upskilling you to produce consistent, high-quality wildlife photographs. This is not a complete beginner’s course in photography and assumes that you have the knowledge in place to use a digital camera in a mode other than “point-and-shoot” where the camera does everything for you.
Applicable to the more advanced novice, dedicated enthusiast and semi-professional, this course is a MUST for those wanting to learn how to take that special shot; for those seeking to avoid the disappointment of mundane results by converting their ordinary photographs into extraordinary captures of that unique moment in time.
Specifically commissioned and written for WildlifeCampus by Professional Wildlife Photographers, Andre Nel and Dan Myburg and, in our opinion, will be worth every cent for the enormous satisfaction you’ll gain by producing exceptional wildlife photos.
Module # 1 – Preparation
- Component # 1 – Wildlife Specialisation
- Component # 2 – What this Course will Teach you
- Component # 3 – Equipment Considerations Part # 1
- Component # 4 – Equipment Considerations Part # 2
- Component # 5 – Preparing Yourself for the Field
- Component # 6 – Essential Elements of a good photograph
Module # 2 – Lighting for Wildlife Photography
- Component # 1 – Front Lighting
- Component # 2 – Back Lighting
- Component # 3 – Side & Subdued Lighting
- Component # 4 – Artificial Lighting
Module # 3 – Average to Exceptional Wildlife Photography
- Component # 1 – Anticipate Your Subject Part # 1
- Component # 2 – Anticipate Your Subject Part # 2
- Component # 3 – Macro Photography
Module # 4 – Processing your Images
- Component # 1 – Digital Workflow
- Component # 2 – Post-Processing Equipment
- Component # 3 – Post-Processing
Module # 5 – Make the Quantum Leap
- Component # 1 – Five Tips
Course Cost: ZAR 1,250 or £63*
*Cost based on current exchange rates to the South African Rand (ZAR)
How to Register and Sign Up
- To register click on the ‘Book Course’ button at the top of this page. Registration is FREE and you then have access to your ‘Wildlife Campus Courses Dashboard’
- After registration you can then decide on and purchase a course.
- Once registered you also gain access to FREE COURSES, including The Big 5, Elephants Facts and Fables, Birding by Habitat, Astronomy and more.
CONTACT US for more information on the Digital Photography course. We frequently run special offers on combination certificate packed. Please ask about our current specials.
All Course content is available online but may also be downloaded in PDF format (and easily printed) so you don’t have to be online to study. No physical product except certificates earned, are posted to students.
All assessment is delivered entirely online and is automated. The assessment which we’ve called “take the test” (top right in each component) consists of between 10 and 30 true/false and multiple-choice questions. There is one test for each of the components of a course. Students may attempt these tests as many times as required until they have achieved the passing mark. Once a test is passed, it cannot be taken again.
Take our courses worldwide! Study online & get trained to work with animals in the UK, Canada, United States, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Europe & more!