Our Wilderness Navigation Course is a perfect course for all hikers, trampers, mountaineers, orienteering enthusiasts, outdoor leaders, teachers, scouts, guides, adventure racers, rescue teams and anyone else who ventures “Anyplace Wild”.
Written by master navigator, Andrew R Friedemann, this may be the most valuable course you will ever study. Navigation is a skill that can be learnt by anyone; developing a proficiency in this ability can save your life and will significantly enhance your experiences when venturing into the outdoors.
Module # 1 – Introduction to Wilderness Navigation
- Component # 1 – Introduction to Navigation Anyplace Wild
Module # 2 – Safety in the Wilderness
- Component # 1 – Safety Management
Module # 3 – Direction in the Wilderness
- Component # 1 – What is Direction?
Module # 4 – Our Navigational Toolbox
- Component # 1 – Our Navigational Toolbox – Part # 1 ~ Maps A
- Component # 2 – Our Navigational Toolbox – Part # 2 ~ Maps B
- Component # 3 – Our Navigational Toolbox – Part # 3 ~ Gadgets A
- Component # 4 – Our Navigational Toolbox – Part # 4 ~ Gadgets B
Module # 5 – Navigational Skills
- Component # 1 – Navigational Skills – Part #1
- Component # 2 – Navigational Skills – Part #2
Course Cost: ZAR 500 or £25*
*Cost based on current exchange rates to the South African Rand (ZAR)
How to Register and Sign Up
- To register click on the ‘Book Course’ button at the top of this page. Registration is FREE and you then have access to your ‘Wildlife Campus Courses Dashboard’
- After registration you can then decide on and purchase a course.
- Once registered you also gain access to FREE COURSES, including The Big 5, Elephants Facts and Fables, Birding by Habitat, Astronomy and more.
CONTACT US for more information on the Wilderness Navigation course. We frequently run special offers on combination certificate packed. Please ask about our current specials.
All Course content is available online but may also be downloaded in PDF format (and easily printed) so you don’t have to be online to study. No physical product except certificates earned, are posted to students.
All assessment is delivered entirely online and is automated. The assessment which we’ve called “take the test” (top right in each component) consists of between 10 and 30 true/false and multiple-choice questions. There is one test for each of the components of a course. Students may attempt these tests as many times as required until they have achieved the passing mark. Once a test is passed, it cannot be taken again.
Take our courses worldwide! Study online & get trained to work with animals in the UK, Canada, United States, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Europe & more!