Our Trails Guide Course – the follow-on from our Game Ranging Course. Written by Lex Hes and Anton Lategan of Eco Training, one of the foremost practical guiding training organization in Southern Africa. This is a must for those field guides who want to take their guiding to the next level or for those who have enjoyed our Game Ranging Course and wish to explore Dangerous Animals from an in-depth perspective. This Trails Guide Course is endorsed by FGASA and co-conferred by Eco Training.
Module # 1 – High Profile Animal Species – A trails Guide Perspective
- Component # 1 – Dangerous Game: The Carnivores
- Component # 2 – Dangerous Game: The Herbivores
Module # 2 – Animal Behaviour
- Component # 1 – Seven Key Patterns of Animal Behaviour
- Component # 2 – Three Main organs of Expression
- Component # 3 – The Comfort Zone Concept and Man – Eaters
Module # 3 – Weapons & Weapon Handling
- Component # 1 – A short History of Firearms
- Component # 2 – The Rifle
- Component # 3 – Ammunition & Ballistics
- Component # 4 – Weapon Handling (Safety, Sighting, Practice & Cleaning) Component # 5 – Kill Zones and Shooting an Animal
Module # 4 – Trail Procedures & Etiquette
- Component # 1 – Pre-trail Checks
- Component # 2 – Situation Drills
Module # 5 – Case Studies / Situations / Encounters
- Component # 1 – High Profile Animal Encounters
- Component # 2 – Area, Location, Terrain & Equipment
- Component # 3 – A Kill Site and the Use of Deadly Force
- Component # 4 – Miscellaneous Issues
Course Cost: ZAR 1,100 or £55*
*Cost based on current exchange rates to the South African Rand (ZAR)
How to Register and Sign Up
- To register click on the ‘Book Course’ button at the top of this page. Registration is FREE and you then have access to your ‘Wildlife Campus Courses Dashboard’
- After registration you can then decide on and purchase a course.
- Once registered you also gain access to FREE COURSES, including The Big 5, Elephants Facts and Fables, Birding by Habitat, Astronomy and more.
CONTACT US for more information on the Trails Guide course. We frequently run special offers on combination certificate packed. Please ask about our current specials.
All Course content is available online but may also be downloaded in PDF format (and easily printed) so you don’t have to be online to study. No physical product except certificates earned, are posted to students.
All assessment is delivered entirely online and is automated. The assessment which we’ve called “take the test” (top right in each component) consists of between 10 and 30 true/false and multiple-choice questions. There is one test for each of the components of a course. Students may attempt these tests as many times as required until they have achieved the passing mark. Once a test is passed, it cannot be taken again.
Take our courses worldwide! Study online & get trained to work with animals in the UK, Canada, United States, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Europe & more!